Saturday, February 8, 2014

When God Asks too Much

Sometimes God asks us to do things that we think are out of our ability to fulfill things that seem like they are too much for us to do alone. Sometimes God takes our willingness to serve Him and asks us to do things that make us uncomfortable, things you don't want to do. You may feel under qualified or not enough or know someone you think could do the job better.

Just remember that God knows who is the best fit for the when and where. If He has asked you to do something He knows what He is doing. Trust that He sees the big picture even when you don't.

If you feel like God is asking you to do something you don't have a heart for then ask Him to change your heart. If you are sincere about wanting to live your life committed to serving Him he will give you the abilities, the tools, the resources and the heart to succeed in what He is asking of you to fulfill for Him.

Take your fears, your worries, your troubles place them in-front of God with an open heart that says "yes Lord, I hear your calling. I will do as you say. I am worried. I am scared. But, God, I choose to trust that You will fill in the blanks where my questions of the when's, the how's and the why me's, so that I know and the world will know that You are The One leading me. I say yes to what you are asking, but You oh Lord My God, You have to lead me through this, you have to be my guide for I am blind to each coming step. I have a heart that is willing but a mind Lord that can't comprehend or fathom the picture and that freaks me out! So Yes, Yes Lord with my whole heart I want to follow your leading. Lord, erase my doubt, my fears and the inner most parts of me that fight against wanting to do what you ask and give me a whole new heart that desires the same things for my life that You see Father and a mind that is steadfast on the truth of your leading me."

When we are totally honest with God the Father about how we are feeling (not that He doesn't know these thoughts already) but it makes you both aware of where the starting point is. God just needs a willing soul from you and He WILL direct the rest as long as you keep surrendering each step to His Guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment