Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thoughtful randomness from a 3 year old


Some days I am more stressed than others. But no matter how stressed out I may be my three year old never ceases to amaze me how sweet he is and how much the little words like thank you and I love you can mean so much and brighten up my day.
The other day I was having a pretty good day. I mean morning sickness was there and all but everything else was going pretty good.  And he says these cute random things where he is like, “mom I love you.” Or “Mom you are a good mom.”
And I’ve started to also notice his random statements like, “mom, thanks for…” he is always randomly finding something to thank me for these days. How sweet is that right? Ok so it makes me feel loved and warms my heart each time to know that he really does have thoughtful moments even so young. The random I love you’s from Alex are so much cuter to me when they aren’t put in his mind by anyone other than himself to say them. There are times I say I love you and he says “I love you too” but the times that really warm my heart are his own random thoughts.
But the other day it kind of hit me that his randomness is just what Jesus is looking for too. He doesn’t want just the “good morning, thanks for loving me please grant me a good day.”  He wants that random in the middle of the day thoughts of, “I love you.” Or “Thank you for…”  I don’t do very many random prayers that are about God they are usually about me, my family or my friends. I usually do random prayers when I read things on facebook that a friend is hurting or I hear something else and have a random prayer for that person or when I am feeling like I am getting to that breaking point as a mom and need more patients to get through my day. There is nothing wrong with praying for those things but the truth is I think sometimes God just enjoys hearing how thankful I am for His presents in my life and thankful for his love and that I love him too. There is nothing sweeter than knowing that someone loves you in return and appreciates the things big and small that you have given them and that randomly they think to tell you each day when you are least expecting it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment