Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I want to leave a legacy

I'm the type of person that lives each day hoping that some day when I die I will be able to leave behind a legacy for the world to know. I want to be the one that my husband was more than proud to always call me his wife, the mother who the kids are excited to be able to call me mom, a friend to many who knew that I was a true friend and most of all I want more than anything to know that when God sees me here on earth and again when I reach heavens gates He is more than proud to call me, "my daughter, my obedient and faithful one." Life is full of its ups and downs but while living I hope I can find a way to enjoy them all knowing that God is making the ups for me to enjoy and the downs for me to learn and grow and also in the end enjoy.  I know I have a long road ahead of things to learn to become this person I want to be, but I know God created me with the purpose to fulfill those goals and dreams. "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future.'" Jeremiah 29:11 God knows why He designed me and I know it was for a purpose.  It's taken me a long time to find a purpose greater than my own selfish dreams, but now that I have found my purpose I intend to make each day count towards becoming the person I am wanting to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment