Thursday, November 8, 2012

God uses you where you don't see


Ever felt like you weren’t doing enough for Christ but wanted to be used but had no idea how? Have you openly told God you are willing to follow him and want him to use you for furthering his kingdom? I have been there done that. It’s not something easy to get over either. That feeling that you are just living a basic day to day life and no one notices you. You feel as though you aren’t helping grow the kingdom for Christ because you haven’t been able to openly share your faith with anyone but maybe your baby?
What you don’t see going on around you in the spiritual world might just shock your socks off! God doesn’t always show you how he is using you to advance his kingdom for his glory and bringing people closer to himself or drawing them in for the first time to know and understand his love. Don't underestimate him He is using you!
I live a pretty quiet mundane life. I don’t do a lot outside of the home. Once a month I serve in our church for a full weekend to help try and get people involved in the church more and in the community to grow the church. I don’t feel like I am being used by God very often and what I am doing many times feel like it is not enough. I am always looking for ways to help God more.
But God has really spoken to me about this. It is not a selfish desire to have God use me but I have to trust that even if I do not see how he is using me that He still is using me.  A few months ago I was going through this agonizing feeling of pain in my heart because I just wasn’t sure God really wanted to use me and maybe it was just a lifelong pipe dream that I could help reach other people for Christ and to help further their lives for God’s glory. You could say I wasn’t trusting that God was using me at all. At the time I was just a stay at home mom my weeks were the same day in and day out with a possible trip to the grocery store or a random play date and church on the weekends.
One day I was not feeling like praying along with our pastor at our church at the closing of his sermon. I mean I was really kind of angry with God at the time begging him to use me. I happened to be staring down at my lap with tears in my eyes with burning desire and anger just wanting him to notice me and use me.  Then out of the corner of my eye I saw this hand go up. Now, you aren’t supposed to look up but I did. About three people down from me was a person who raised their hand to accept Christ.  Now truth be told I did not know this person but I knew the person they were with. And it hit me. Through a long line from me inviting someone to church to them inviting someone with them and then that person was invited by them. 
I had no idea who this person was but that was when God really spoke to me. My desire to help him grow his kingdom was great, but my heart might just need a little tweaking when it came to understanding that He is in control.  He had used me in more ways than I could ever know and that I just have to believe that He does want to use me and is using me even if I may never see how far that light I carry will be allowed to go. He just wants me to keep following him, being open to allowing him to use me even if I may never know till heaven how much my life and light for Christ has affected his kingdom. I may just be a stay at home mom with no real outreach to many.  My light may be small but I know if I allow God to use my light He will allow it to grow and spread to those around me though I may never know to who.
Don’t underestimate what God is doing with you and through you, He has used you in ways you can not see!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the email and your view. I'd like to invite you to return and follow me as well. Maybe we can learn from each other.

    ReplyDelete