Wednesday, November 20, 2013

It's Time...

It’s time…
Time to let go
Let go of holding on
Holding on to bitterness, anger, hate, sin

It’s time…
Time to give up
Give up pretending
Pretending that it’s all ok, that I wasn’t really hurt by your actions

It’s time…
Time to move on
Move on from the pain
Pain which I have let eat me alive and steal my happiness and joy

It’s time…
Time to forgive
Forgive you and me
Forgive you for your past and forgive me for my own.

It’s time…
Time to wake up
Wake up to the Hope
The Hope found in Christ that He has for me


It’s time…
Time to embrace
Embrace who I am
Embrace who I am as forgiven and set free

It’s time…
Time to be free
Free from guilt
Guilt which comes from regrets in my past

It’s time..
Time to Learn
Learn how to go
Go forward with the next step to life with Hope


It’s time…
Time for Joy!
Joy that will last a lifetime because of the freedom I have found in letting go of regrets of the past, embracing myself knowing I am forgiven by God and myself.  Joy that comes when making the choice to not let the things of this world ruin the hope we carry for a better tomorrow.

It’s time to choose to be joyful, in all things. In order to have that we must truly find a way to reach into the things we don’t understand and forgive those who have wronged us. We must know and believe that God has a purpose for the pain. We cannot hold onto our past in anger and in pain, keeping it hidden and feeling sorry for ourselves. We have to make a choice to forgive, only then can we find a way to heal, to be used and go on with life in a manner that is not keeping us in a depressed state of mind. When we forgive you can find the ultimate Joy you are looking for.

Do not give Satan a foothold. (Ephesians 4:26&27   And “don’t sin by letting anger control you.” Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives a foothold to the devil)There is a reason we are told to forgive and not let the sun set on our anger, because then you give Satan a foothold to grab on in your life. He will take anything he possibly can find as a way to ruin you. Too many Christians are great at actually forgiving a stranger or even a friend but you need to forgive the people who you think screwed up your past just as well, that may mean your family or possibly yourself.


Move on, God does want you to love those people even with their past. He loves them! He doesn’t want you living in the pain of the past. He has so much more for you and you may just need to let go so God can really use you in the future. Pain hurts, yes, but not forgiving someone makes the pain bigger and even harder to get over. Forgive and let go. You may not have strength on your own, but you can make the choice to forgive and God will help you find the peace and joy that you’ve been missing because you do not have it when you do not forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment