Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Changing stubbornness into something positive

Over the last year or so I have really been trying to work on some of the big issues in my life, like anger, stubbornness, gossip, jealousy and negativity.  All of these are not found to be traits that people run after to get and keep but are more known for their bad sides.
This last month I have been doing a devotional by Joyce Meyers regarding dealing with issues of a negative heart.  She does a great way of summing up ideas of how to deal with negativity and where it comes from in short order. Last night she was explaining how Satan is said to be the "father of lies." he is super good at helping you hear and think about bad stuff and stuff that isn't even true and letting it grow and fester in your heart and mind to bring on negativity. Satan is full of many traits that are terrible but, at the end of the devotional her last few words really spoke to me, "Satan's strong point is patience." Wow! It sunk in like a brick wall. I have often ask myself how I can keep going back to old ways of thinking that I have worked on for months on end. Satan is good at being patient and will patiently wait out my ability to fail as a human.
 So then I thought well there has to be something God has given me to fight this and it is true He has. I am one of the most stubborn people you'll ever meet. Stubbornness can be a sin if you allow yourself to destroy you so that you never change your ways. However, sometimes I think if we direct it in the right paths and ask God to use our stubbornness for us and not against us that He will find a way to help you use it. After all, it is a trait that He himself even has,He is stubborn enough to keep coming after us on a daily basis because He wants us and loves us. Why would he not allow my stubbornness traits to be used for good. I can be stubborn I can be down right hard to get through too, so why not put up that stubbornness factor when it comes to Satan so he can not win. Why not be a little stubborn, but in a good way.  I plan to be stubborn to keep on keeping on the path of righteousness. I plan to be stubborn and not let Satan's patience win out but let my stubbornness for the cause of Christ win every time.  Between my stubbornness and allowing God to lead me through every temptation I believe it's a winning situation that Satan can not ever break.

No comments:

Post a Comment