Thursday, October 25, 2012

Womanly emotions are not as relaxing as trusting in God.


Proverbs 3: 5&6 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths." (NKJ)
This morning while relaxing with a cup of coffee and just enjoying life I was reminded of these two verses. They are very familiar to me as they were the verses my parents always seemed to call our 'family verses.' I have heard a couple short messages on this passage in the past but today God really seemed to be working on my heart and not exactly in the way that a preacher might have implied it. After pondering on them for some time I started realizing what I believe God has been saying to me through them.
Lately with my pregnancy I have been letting my emotions and my thought processes of human reasoning dictate not only my actions but sometimes even my mood. As a woman, pregnant or not, I know we tend to lean more on trying to be logical but also basing our logical explanations on feelings, that are often times not always facts. God doesn't ask us to know or reason out everything. He is asking me to trust Him and to acknowledge him in everything I do and he will lead me exactly where I need to go. 
 I need to stop focusing on my womanly understanding of life and things going on around me and just relax and trust that everything will happen just as He sees fit.  Even though He doesn't promise bad things to never happen if I trust Him with it all he does promise to walk me through it and I can lean on Him for everything no matter how large or small they may be. So when bad things do happen I have to trust Him to know what is best, know His plan and wait on his timing. 
So I can sit back, relax a little more, enjoy more cups of coffee, stress less about my children and trust that God has a plan and will direct my path and my children's paths in exactly the direction He has planned out for us without fear or worry of wondering when the next bad thing might happen. I have a choice from here on out, to trust God with my whole life and that He has a plan for it, or I can choose to stay in my womanly nature of emotional reasoning and worry.  And I pray that I continue to learn to trust God with His plan more than try and control my situations with worry and emotional reasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment