Wednesday, October 17, 2012

For every flaw there is something great

I think many times we as humans, but even more so as women, get caught up in glancing around us. We see the things that others have, don't have. We compare ourselves to others on all levels and at different times. We ask ourselves questions like, "do I measure up?" or "How did they do that?' We even go as far as too look around and focus even more on our flaws. We focus on how bad we think our flaws are or how imperfect we are as a human, wishing we had someone else's flaws because ours are much worse. No matter how we look at our flaws we can often time find ourselves judging our flaws according to what we see in others.

I personally have a huge HUGE problem with this on occasion.  I personally think I have the worst flaws in the world. When I read where Paul writes in scripture that he is the worst sinner of them all I often think that he hadn't met me yet! I mean honestly I have flaws I feel everyone can see, everyone finds crucial and critical that should be dealt with NOW! and get them gone like yesterday!

Yesterday I was talking with a good Godly friend of mine and she is always full of wisdom and wise counsel, she mentioned to me she thought it was strange how we are always focusing on our flaws and not on our good points. For every flaw you may have there is also something great about you.  This is not obviously an excuse to focus on only the good stuff and stop thinking about how to work on our flaws, but that we should focus less on them and if you focus on them make sure you spend as much time focusing on your positive personality traits.

I went home and had a lot on my mind yesterday but this was the main thought I had taken away with me. The truth is that I believe she is right. At least it's a correct statement in my own life. How many times do I focus on what I need to change or don't like about my personality and I focus on it to the point of probably obsessing over it a bit because I just don't like it. Truly I don't think anyone likes their flaws it's humiliating to even admit we have them. But each time we focus on a flaw how much more do we need to go in prayer and maybe ask God to help us deal with those flaws and then ask Him to gently show us some good qualities we have as well that we can focus on and maybe even grow more in to improve those good qualities and move them to great qualities.

God created us to be human, which means we are subject to error, subject to our flaws. He did not just make us solely to have flaws he made us to succeed in areas of our life as well and to use those areas we are good in to encourage and enlighten others around us.  Don't let Satan pull you down by focusing only on your flaws. It's time we start focusing on the beautiful parts inside of us as well that God created to have you shine through for Him.  Both our flaws and our great qualities were designed by God's creative mind to make us exactly the person we are.  Embrace them both and focus on the good of you as much as or even more so than you focus on your flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment