Thursday, December 19, 2013

A moment to remember I am blessed

The other night as Matt and I were in our family room wrapping presents I sat back and just stared at the pile of rising wrapped gifts. The pile was growing bigger and bigger and I was just for a moment staring in awe. Matt caught my look and asked curiously what I was thinking about.

In all my years of life I have never felt more blessed. Truly those gifts, not a single one in the pile was for me, or even for my kids. They were for other people. I was thinking how blessed I am by God. I have this really awesome family with love that will never be taken away. I have a beautiful home, that has more than enough room for all of us to spread out in and find our own space. I have been blessed with enough money to help others, to buy gifts for people we don't even know.  I have been blessed with new friendships made and ones that existed made stronger. My family has been blessed with good health. We have been blessed in so many ways.

I am not writing to brag only to remember this moment so when I reread this and need to be reminded of how loved I am by God when I feel alone I will know by my own words just how blessed I have truly been in this life. I have been blessed this year in more ways than I could possibly count. God is so good, not just because He has blessed us with the ability to help others, but also because of the gifts He has given that could never have a price tag put on them.

I hope moments like these are the ones that I bring to mind on a bad day, the days I wonder if God is even there with me. I know He is when I can stop and look back and think about positive moments such as this one. But they are not always the easy moments to remember when I am feeling down. So today I write out the blessings I have found this year at Christmas time. The gift of love is forever in the home, not just love from my husband and kids, but the love of God is shining here as well.

Life is not always perfect and peachy, but in my moment today I am perfectly at peace with all the Love God has blessed to me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment