Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A stress free Christmas season

I love Christmas and everything it brings, everything it means. What I don't like is the stress so many of us encounter. So this year I  decided before the season began to try my best to not be stressed at all during this entire season to just find ways to enjoy it. And you know what? So far, so good. 
I stopped trying to be the image of perfection. I stopped planning to go to too many things. I stopped trying to make sure I was making everyone else happy and I stopped trying to make sure everything looked perfect in my house as well as outside of it. 
I refuse to feel rushed or bombarded with things to get done or to do lists that if I don't get to them no one but me will notice. This year is about having fun with my children, seeing the fun of Christmas through their eyes. And let me tell you something, it's been the least stressful and most fun Christmas I can remember. 
Jesus didn't come so we would make a big deal out of everything this time of year. He came to bring us peace and joy and love. So that is what I am sticking with making sure is around me and my family this year, love, joy and peace. 
Don't let the ruckus of the season overwhelm you. Relax and enjoy every little part of it you can. Sit back and enjoy the snowy weather, the lights outside, the lights on your tree, a warm cup of hot chocolate wrapped in a blanket snuggled up with your kids. Stop trying to force it into a Christian thing by making a big deal about the difference between Santa and Christ. The point of the season is to be free of hate, free of condemnation free to live in a joyful mood with love abounding everywhere. The reason for the season was a Savior who came to save us from it all, not start petty fights over Christ vs Santa. Yes I stress Christ birth first but I don't deny my kids the joy that a little imagination brings to their hearts as well.
May you be blessed this season and all seasons of life with the remembrance to not stress about the stuff that doesn't matter but to embrace the Savior that came to save you from it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment